Director of Music Ministry
St. Giles Kingsway Presbyterian Church
Music Ministry is a vital part of the public worship of God at St. Giles Kingsway. The Bible
instructs us to “Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth, break forth into joyous song and
sing praises!” (Psalm 98:4).
We are seeking an energetic and creative Director of Music Ministry who will oversee,
encourage and coordinate all musical activities in the church including the integration of spiritual
direction into the music program. This is a renewable contract position.
- Lead, educate and nurture the choir, children’s choir, praise team and other musicians as may be required
- Oversee wide range of musical styles (traditional and contemporary)
- Hold rehearsals for the choirs one evening per week
- Provide organ accompaniment during worship services including organ solos
- Enhance the spiritual life of the congregation through music
- Encourage musical leadership from within the congregation
- Accompany soloists or special music groups on piano or organ
- Prepare and direct seasonal events (Christmas Eve, Good Friday, Spring concert)
- Collaborate with the Minister on the musical elements of worship
- Oversee maintenance of the organ and pianos
- Perform at weddings and funerals (separately compensated)
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested and qualified, kindly email your MS Word resume and cover letter
here. Thank you for your interest.